Ability to name top row of patch bay.

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Ability to name top row of patch bay.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LilGabe
    LilGabe
    Participant

Hello there. My team and I would love the ability to name the top row of the patch bay on the dlive systems.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

how you will label them?
    Since these are sockets already labeled with their socket number it makes no sense to give them different names

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Maybe he is talking about showing what kind of card is installed in slots? Maybe with the possibility to give them names yourself?
    If that is the case, this is already on the wishlist and will hopefully make it into 1.9….

Profile photo of LilGabe
    LilGabe
    Participant

It would be used to label wireless mics & in-ear packs that are farther down on our patch sheet. This would allow for the ease of patching the wireless gear.

SteffenR
    Participant

I think that a label that replaces the normal socket label would be not the right way,
    but maybe we can get an additional label that pops up if you are tapping on the numbers…
    or something similar…
    if you have to count the rows to find the socket number…

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

if you have to count the rows to find the socket number…

This would end the input list with the snare for us sound techs 😂

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Naming the DX and IO Ports and the input and output sockets can help to identify them easier. So 1+ from my side.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

how you will label them?

With where the cables plugged into the MixRack’s sockets end.

Since these are sockets already labeled with their socket number it makes no sense to give them different names

It makes a lot of sense for fixed installs where stuff mostly gets plugged into (sub)snakes and the MixRack just lives in a rack in a closet somewhere. Where I work, having sockets named “A1”, “G6”, or “DR13” (or “Drum Riser 13”, if there’s room for that many characters) would be way more useful than just “14” or “33” or “1”.

Profile photo of JFug
    JFug
    Participant

I’ve heard rumors that being able to label actual sockets is coming, so hopefully being able to label the top row or Cardslot or DX Port would be included. It would be super cool to be able to label a DX port “Drums” or “Booth” or “wireless” or whatever would be nice. +1 from ME!!!!!!!

SteffenR
    Participant

It makes a lot of sense for fixed installs where stuff mostly gets plugged into (sub)snakes and the MixRack just lives in a rack in a closet somewhere. Where I work, having sockets named “A1”, “G6”, or “DR13” (or “Drum Riser 13”, if there’s room for that many characters) would be way more useful than just “14” or “33” or “1”.

I think it’s not a good idea to replace the available naming scheme, but to be able to add another label to the socket numbers would be very helpful…
    I’m not sure if Dave was suggesting to replace the numbers…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.