Ability to Flip PEQ and Compressor in Signal Chain

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Ability to Flip PEQ and Compressor in Signal Chain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Blender Blender 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Blender
    Blender
    Participant

Hey. I really like the SQ-5 and use it in television production. I was wondering if it would be possible to offer the user a choice of the order of channel effects (specifically the PEQ and Compressor) for direct out recording purposes.

I would like to record the channel direct outs Post Compressor but Pre EQ so would like to be able to have a choice to flip the Compressor to come before the PEQ in the chain. The reason is that I want to have some compression on each channel to protect against tracks from getting clipped at the recorder. But, in my circumstances, I often need to apply some radical EQ that works for the job at hand, but that I don’t want printed on the iso tracks. Is there a way, in a future firmware update, to be able to offer a choice to flip the order of the channel PEQ and Compressor to be able to make this happen?

Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

There is already a thread about this
    maybe you should contribute to that

Profile photo of Blender
    Blender
    Participant

Hey Steffen,

That sounds good. If you could send me, or post here, a link to the specific thread you’re referring to, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Cheers,

Michael

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.