ab168 output routing problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting ab168 output routing problem

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of commander
    commander
    Participant

Hi
    I’ve got a Qu16 (just updated it to 1.8) a AB168 stage box.
    I can’t seem to be able to route the Main Left and Right outputs to the physical jacks number 7 and 8 on the AB168
    Its not in my manual how to do it? When I go to the dsnake I/O and look at output settings it just has 8 monitor sends. All I want to do is change monitor 7 and 8 to Main LEFT and RIGHT
    what am I missing?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Don’t have one to look at but tap on the box for 7 and 8 in the output part and see if the data knob turns to select what you want. That is on the DSnake I/O screen.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

And here’s Andreas’ obligatory link to The Manual: Check chapter 11.16 “I/O Patch Setup – dSNAKE Out”

commander
    Participant

Hmmmnnn
    My manual does not look anything like the link you posted. I will go download a new manual and see if either idea helps.I just bought this board, its hard to believe but the manual is totally different.
    Thanks, I will let you know .

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Are you referring to the paper manual? Just ignore it (Personally I’ve never looked inside). The download version is always updated along with the firmware version since new functions are added and others may move.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The “manual” in the box is more a quick start guide IIRC…

It should probably have a large type front page saying “The full manual is available at https://…”

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Ok, I couldn’t resist and finally searched my Qu32 box in store, opened the paper manual first time which indeed is named “User Guide for Firmware V1.5”. It already contains a section “Output Patch Setup – dSnake” as chapter 8.12 and seems to be identical to the online version (for 1.5). Of course it does not explain stuff introduced in later firmware versions but still seems to be a good point to start.
    I must admit I didn’t expect that.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sorry, but just do the method I described. Andreas is correct though as usual.

commander
    Participant

My “new in box ” manual is a V 1.1
    and doesn’t mention the AB168. It just talks about the AR2412
    Any chance this board can have a high pass
    filter on the monitor sends?

commander
    Participant

I already use it on the individual channels but it would be nice to have one on the monitor
    send masters as well?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That has been requested. Yet to be implemented to my knowledge. You just have to fake it with PEQ and GEQ.

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all,

@rlcsound in the Setup > I/O Patch > dSNAKE Out tab, you’ll see under “dSNAKE: Main” when AB-168 is connected, outputs 1-8 are circled.

Touch the output number you want to patch to so it highlights, and turn the rotary below the screen to select the required mix source.

Qu comes with the 24 page “Getting Started Guide” in the Box and as @xapbob says, the full 91 page Reference Guide is download only 🙂

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Getting-Started-Guide-AP10025_1.pdf
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Reference-Guide-AP9372_8A.pdf

Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I think its wise to only ship a Getting Started with a clear hint to download the most current documentation and firmware. Having a printed V1.5 user guide in front of me I’m wondering when this was changed?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No idea when it changed – but I agree – or on the splash page and about tab of the firmware?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Somebody (is it Roland?) include their manual in their app download so you can always access the version you are using via a help button in the corner of the app.

I save it in iBooks, which is almost as good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.