AB168 Output different from Qu16 Mix Out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting AB168 Output different from Qu16 Mix Out

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I was going through the outputs on a press bridge today for a gig coming up this weekend. The press bridge has a VU meter and I was setting it to zero using a 1kHz sine wave generated by my Qu16 on Mix 1 directly out of the console. After going through all the outputs of the press bridge I switched the press bridge input source to Output 1 (default assigned to Mix 1) of my AB168. With the console still generating a 1kHz tone and no faders moved, the VU meter on the press bridge read -.5db rather than 0. I took the cable out of the AB168 and moved it to Mix 1 on the console. The VU meter read 0. Moving the cable back to Output 1 on the AB168, it read -.5db. This was with a 50-foot Cat5 solid core cable connected.
    Has anyone on this board noticed this? Certainly I would not notice a .5db difference in a live situation, but one would think that it should be the same output level as the Mix outs on the console.
    Tomorrow I’ll be comparing the other outputs of the console to those of the AB168. I’ll also switch out the Cat5 cable with my 100-meter cable and see if there is any difference between the two.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Cat5 should either work or not.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

This sounds kind of like the situation in this: Home › Forums › Qu Forums › Qu troubleshooting › Decibel loss using groups? thread.

Could it be you’re listening to one half of what is supposed to be a stereo-mix ?

Giga

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

No, Giga. There are no groups on the Qu-16. The tone was generated from the console and sent directly to Mix 1. The Mix 1 out level is different on the direct out of the console than it is on the AB168 Output 1. The difference is slight, but there is a difference.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.