AB168 or DX168 for SQ7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions AB168 or DX168 for SQ7

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lancruza
    Lancruza
    Participant

I’m looking to purchase a digital snake for my SQ7. I’ll also be using the personal mixer ME1 or ME500(not decided which one yet). I read somewhere that the personal mixers can only be used with the AB168 and not the DX168. Is this correct or has there been an update to allow the pm’s to work with a DX168? Or is there a scheduled future update to allow this to work?

Profile photo of stylos
    stylos
    Participant

Hi Lancruza,

AFAIK the DX168 cant be on the same s-link connection due to the sample rate of the DX being 96khz and the ME1/500 can only process at 48khz. A firmware update wont help, the restriction is that the SRC on each S-link connection cannot run multiple sample rates at the same time. Add an S-link card and use separate connections for each device to solve the problem.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

The DX don’t even have an ME connector, so even if it would be technically possible to use it, there’d be no way to connect it. The DX preamps are said to be better tho, as they’re dLive class, and they run at 96kHz, resulting in lower latency. If you want the best of both worlds, get DXs and an SLink card for the SQ to conect the MEs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.