AB168 & AR2412

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions AB168 & AR2412

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Hi,

Quick question re: connecting up I/O boxes to the GLD (as I haven’t got the hardware infront of me to test):

When connecting an AB168 & AR2412 to the main Dsnake port can I connect the AB168 first and then daisy chain that to the AR2412 or does the AR2412 need to be first in the chain?

Alternatively do you get the full i/o count from the AB168 if plugged in to the expander port on the back of the GLD, I’m guessing not from looking at the editor?

Cheers,

Matt

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I can’t answer the first part. I’ve never tried that. I don’t have my 2412 here to test it. On loan.

I did hook a 168 to my demo GLD. It does only offer 1-8 on the expander port. If you look at the printing by the ports it shows the numbers available.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

According to all of the documentation that I read on-line, the AR2412 must be connected to the GLD with the AB168 connected to the Expander port of the AR2412.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Art is correct. The latest User Guide online should give all information as to what can and cannot be connected to dSnake, but in short, as covered in other threads here:
    – Main dSnake device (directly connected to the mixer): AR2412 or AB168
    – dSnake expander (daisy-chain from main device): AB168 or AR84
    – Expander port on mixer: AR84 only

Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.

Bit of a pain (in the particular application in mind i’ll have to run 40m of cat5 back then…), but what I expected.

Out of interest, is that a software or a hardware restriction? And are there any plans for a 16/8 in a 2u rack box ?

Cheers,

matt

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Matt the website says the following about the AB 168

The rack’s rugged design, including rubber bumpers, renders it highly roadworthy and allows it to be placed on the stage floor during performances. Weighing in at just 4.8kg and featuring a sturdy carry handle, AB168 is also designed for maximum convenience and portability. An optional rack mounting kit is also available.

Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for that Mrvoltz, But without wishing to sound rude, maybe engage the brain (and eyes) before the keyboard…….?!

(Clue been the ‘2u’ in my question….. ; o )

‘Matt the website says the following about the AB 168

The rack’s rugged design, including rubber bumpers, renders it highly roadworthy and allows it to be placed on the stage floor during performances. Weighing in at just 4.8kg and featuring a sturdy carry handle, AB168 is also designed for maximum convenience and portability. An optional rack mounting kit is also available.’

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

@ Nicola,
    The expander port can only deal with 8in & 4out without ME-1, right?
    But is it possible to connect AB168 at the expander port, just expecting it to ‘act’ like a AR84??

And can we concurrently use the expander port of a AB168 connected to the expander port of AR2412 as a ME-1 output?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/AB168-Guide-AP9588_1.pdf
    this answers some questions

AR2412 > AB168 > ME-1 should be possible
    but AB168 does not work on the consoles expander port
    see page 7 and following on the GLD User guide

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.