A tiny bit extra info on EQ screen

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions A tiny bit extra info on EQ screen

This topic contains 16 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 30sth 30sth 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bracumba
    Bracumba
    Participant

A modest request: On the EQ screen, a visual feedback, of which band (LF, LM, HM or HF) the three turning knobs on the SQ will have effect. There are four colored squares on the display, for each band one. Giving the active band one a solid color would be nice.
    A small enhancement, I know. But with your eyes focused on the scene, you can grab one of the three rotary knobs, and know on which band they are active.
    Absolutely not essential at all. Just even more comfort. Your eyes stay focused on the screen, no need to scan the four buttons to the right, which are blocked if you have your hands on one the knobs, ready to activate.

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

+1, good idea!

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

And while you’re at it, make a touch of the EQ point on screen select the band. Or make it even draggable on screen too.

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

Visual indication of active band selection on the screen would be very helpful. When I put my hand on the EQ encoders, I block my line of sight to the band selection and it becomes an easy thing to lose track of where I’m at.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Subtower
    Subtower
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1 for the main post and for all the additional comments (up to this point haha)

Profile photo of Gary
    Gary
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Danny-Lan
    Danny-Lan
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Gyuri
    Gyuri
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of LongWelsh
    LongWelsh
    Participant

While I know the encoders aren’t touch sensitive (afaik) something similar to the Midas Pro option where the value being changed pops up over the virtual knob would be great in this situation. I find I’m always turning this back on with Pro series desks and can’t understand why anyone would want to turn it of in regular use. Main place I’ve found this to be frustrating is accurately panning two channels by the same amount.

it would only have to pop up when the encoder begins to change so the touch sensitivity probably wouldn’t be so much an issue.

Profile photo of ianmoon
    ianmoon
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of andrasar
    andrasar
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Coronos
    Coronos
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.