A shut down question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions A shut down question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gazza Gazza 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

Some of the users on our system do not use the Qu32 but do use other aspects of our system. They will not be signing onto the mixer at all. My question is, will it be okay to power it down without logging on to do a proper shutdown.

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

If the mixer is already on I don’t think any kind of log-on is necessary in order to do a proper shutdown.
    The mixer should always be shut down via the SHUTDOWN button on the touch screen.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

I just verified that you do need to sign on, otherwise you can’t get to the home screen to shutdown. We will simply need to train these folks to a little higher level than we wanted to.

Thanks, Phil

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

What about a separate switch for the qu32? Or use the switch on the back. That way it doesn’t have to be powered on when not used.

Profile photo of psikes
    psikes
    Participant

The way our power sequencer works would not be very conducive to that option. We are trying to ensure that people who simply need to get to 115 use an extension chord to a wall outlet rather than accessing the outlets in the floor wells. Not an insurmountable problem for sure.

Thanks for the options, Phil

Profile photo of Gazza
    Gazza
    Participant

Anyone knows what the “Shutdown” really does (compared to pwr-off)??
    Occasionally I use “Shutdown” but more often we just power of the
    whole rack with gear on the power conditioner that feeds everything
    in the rack.

In my case a QuPac….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.