A rackmount SQ(0???) without surface and analog IO

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions A rackmount SQ(0???) without surface and analog IO

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mfk0815 Mfk0815 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I would like to see a rackmount Version of the SQ similar to M32C. 1HE, just Talkback and Monitor IO, at least two sLink connections, with a connector for the ME system and a expansion card slot. A new version of the IP8 with additional rotary encoders and more options to configure a full featured small surface. The new fader device should interact with the long awaited desktop editor software.
    This would lead me to replace my M32C, DL32 and X-Touch for jobs in Venues with very limited place for a FOH or industrial jobs.
    It also would be well suited to work as a monitor counterpart for a SQ desk on the FOH position.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

That’s called a DM0! IP8, full editor software, ME output, multiple slots etc.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, different product line and I think the DM0 needs little bit more rack space than 1HE;-)
    And the IP8 needs imho an upgrade because at the moment there is too less functionality compared to the X-Touch and the X-Ctrl.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

IP8 is different than the X-touch… it is intended to be different

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, to be different just to be not the same is imho not a good strategy.
    And, to be honest, I do not want a X-Touch, I want a small setup with a powerful and modern mix-engine with a small footprint for such jobs.
    Why are here so much people trying to defend the current state and are busy to find arguments that all other manufacturers ar not worth to look at.
    As G.B. Shaw said: “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”

Have a nice day;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.