A couple questions from a dLive newbie

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions A couple questions from a dLive newbie

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David David 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Hey all,

The routing process on the dLive is a bit unconventional, which is fine, but I’m trying to find where I can route the outputs of groups. I can assign inputs to groups and take them out of the L/R buss, but can’t find where output routing for anything else is. Also, can I send a group to another group?

Next, I was reading up on Midi for the dLive, how is it getting in/out of the console? I want to control Waves Multirack from soft keys, if that’s even possible. I know some consoles integrate well with Multirack, how does the dLive do? I saw the Waves 3 card, would that be the network Midi port?

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Have you considered pressing the I/O button beside the screen?

No, routing groups into a group is not available (yet?).

MIDI is getting in and out of the console via MIDI-over-TCP. There is a driver/application for Windows and MacOS.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

The I/O button gives me patching, but I’m trying to find where I would (for instance) route a group somewhere else besides the main L/R buss. Especially if I were to send it out of the console, into hardware for instance, I don’t want it routed to the L/R also. Or if I sent a group to a matrix directly, I don’t want it to the L/R also.

If I can’t send to another group (thanks for the info), that’s fine, I can adapt.

Thank you!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I had trouble finding the output assignment as well, since the A&H way is fairly non-standard.
    You can make the routing 2 ways. One is using the routing screen, the other is on the surface.

The Routing screen is pretty self-evident. You select the group or matrix (or L/R) that you want to send to, and then turn on/off the group/input/mix etc. that you want to send to that output, and adjust the level.

To do it on the surface, what you have to do is locate the L/R fader or the matrix where you want the group to go, and press the “mix” button on that fader. Then you can go to the group you want to send to that L/R or matrix, and while pressing the “Assign” button, press the “Mix” button on that group.

Like I say, it wasn’t really obvious, most consoles show the routing on their main channel page. It would make sense for them to add another tab on the Processing page that shows the sends and routing.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Thanks!

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Surely the routing button and the I/O button on the surface is fairly self explanatory?
    Even to a very old Luddite like me. Pretty similar to most digital consoles I have seen, Digico, Yamaha etc. Only thing I suffer from is fat finger syndrome, so expand the view to give big touch pads.😉
    Regards

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Yeah… I/O does NOT do what I’m asking about, but thanks anyways.

Routing works if you’ve selected the L/R.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

David… Mix button…

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

Yup, solved it a couple weeks ago. On to other problems, like why I can’t hear dc inserted in insert B (started a new thread), and how to write midi cc and notes in hex form. Thanks Steffen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.