A couple of questions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions A couple of questions

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Does it still work when plugged into a computer? Maybe it’s just dead, have several sticks around which just stopped working suddenly (totally unrelated to the Qu!).

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

Yes it will work fine on a computer and if I put it in the board it will read, and even record. It just stops after a few minutes

Profile photo of titoen
    titoen
    Participant

When you go to computer. do you cut and paste or leave the recordings on the stick?

Got this from Knowledge site

“Don’t fill the USB drive with lots of multitrack projects if possible, as the drive can become fragmented requiring longer seek times to write”

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

1) we don’t record multitrack. We record stereo from the qu-drive on top of the mixer not from the back usb.
    2) we pull them off the drive to edit, they are not left on the drive. So the drive is empty each week before we start.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Hmm, did you try to reformat the stick on the Qu? Just guessing…

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

I reformatted a few weeks ago after it first happened and was ok for a couple of weeks then started doing it again. I’m beginning to wonder if it might just be the drive. It seems to work when it wants then other times it doesn’t

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’d suggest to try a different stick. You’re hopefully aware that flash drives degrade over time and may take longer to store data now and then. Maybe too long for the Qu, which then simply give up.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

The thing is, it’s not that old we are only a 6 month old church so it shouldn’t be bad, but I know they can fail. so maybe that’s all it is

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

“old” for a flashdrive isn’t measured in terms of time but usage.
    Not sure about the intended performance of that rugged flashdrive but audio streaming requires some guaranteed data rate over time, even for stereo recordings. Trying another stick should make things clearer…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.