A couple of questions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions A couple of questions

This topic contains 23 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

1)when updating firmware do I need to do 1.6 before doing 1.7 or can I just go from 1.5 to 1.7?

2)Anyone else experiencing issues with the qu drive? We have had a few weeks recently where the usb drive just stops recording and won’t reactivate? I’m hoping updating the firmware will fix this. We’ve never had an issue with this until recently. So i’m not sure if it is a board problem or a firmware problem or even a problem with the Flash drive. This is the drive we are using https://www.amazon.com/EP-Memory-GorillaDrive-32GB-EP-GDUSB/dp/B00FQT2BN4/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1430070897&sr=1-2&keywords=gorilla+drive

Any help would be appreciated

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

Also when updating firmware it says put the file in the root directory do they mean f:/ or F:/AHQU

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

One other question how long should update take? Just wondering as our church meets in a school and tears down every week. So was wondering if I could get it set up then update before we get going? Or if we should take it when we leave and update at home as it’s kept in a road case

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

OK – I’ll have a go!

1/ Pretty sure you can skip 1.6 and go directly to 1.7.1.

2/ Try another drive. You are reformatting from the desk before each time?

3/ I think F:/AHQU, but ’tis a long time since I’ve used Wondoze.

4/ Only a few minutes to actually update, but I’d want time to test things & play with – sorry learn to use – the new features, there are quite a lot new between 1.5 & 1.7.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Don’t do it during setup, during tear down maybe…

Or maybe that gap between service end and tear down start…

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

No we haven’t been reformatting before every service, We just record take the drive to a computer and pull files off and plug back into board next service. Didn’t really think we needed to as we never had a problem until recently.

Profile photo of stringbreaker
    stringbreaker
    Participant

Put the update file directly into f:\
    It takes only a few minutes but do you should not do it immediately before a show…
    Turn off or disconnect amplifiers and powered speakers!

All the best,
    Georg

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

Thanks I’ll just make sure I disconnect the cat5 that runs to the dsnake. we use powered speakers that connect directly to the dsnake.

Profile photo of Gus
    Gus
    Participant

A small but very important point. 1.7 had issues when it came to the AB1608 stage boxes. The fix is in the new version 1.7.1. It’s on the A&H website.

Lived through it…

Gus

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

we have an ar2412 digital snake running to a qu24 mixer. I just downloaded whatever 1.7 firmware update AH had on their site

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

So it was 171_4815

Profile photo of stringbreaker
    stringbreaker
    Participant

From 1.6 (I think) on and higher the Qu is reporting write errors on the Qu-drive, maybe this helps to identify the issue you have with recording. Otherwise, you should give it a try with a re-formatted drive as mentioned – or try a different one. I have a Sandisk Extreme USB3.0 32GB drive that is working without problems.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

My next step will be to buy an external HD probably an sad if the firmware doesn’t fix it.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Re the drive, is it in the (recently updated) “known supported” list published by A&H?

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

I posted a link to the drive we are using but it doesn’t look like it is on the list. Like I said though, it has worked fine up until recently

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.