a couple of questions

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting a couple of questions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Creator Creator 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

SO after the 1.8 firmware update for the qu-24 we started having issues with the qu drive not recording and then getting stuck in a reading drive loop even with no disk in it. So I applied the 1.82 update which is supposed to fix the not reading drive issue. Alas we are still having issues with the qu drive. So my questions are:

1) Is there still issues being reported on the new firmware?
    2) how long is a manufacture warranty on the qu24 mixer?
    3) is there a way to go back to an older firmware?

My next step is to factory reset the board just not sure if it will do anything. I’m kind of at a loss here as the board is only 16 months old any shouldn’t have a problem. Any help here would be appreciated. I’ve tried multiple drives to no avail.

thanks for your time

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi @creator, the following issues are known about but have not been fixed in v1.82 and only affect an unformatted drive.

“Known Issues – Qu-Drive:
    An unformatted USB key plugged into Qu-Drive is not always recognised by the mixer. You may
    need to first format the USB key on a PC or Mac (FAT 32), then try to format it again on the Qu
    mixer.”

See: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Release-Notes-Qu-firmware-V1.82.pdf

A hard will reset all settings, but the firmware version will remain on the currently installed version.

It’s worth trying to reinstall v1.82 from a clean USB key, formatted on the mixer and then performing the hard reset by holding the SETUP and RESET buttons whilst switching the mixer on.

If you need to roll back to a previous version you simply need to put the desired version on a USB key and follow the normal firmware update procedure: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/How-to-Update-Qu-Firmware_5.pdf

Let me know if this works.

If not please submit a technical support request to support@allen-heath.com

Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

How do you reinstall the same version of firmware? From my experience it won’t install the same version as what is already on the mixer. Do I just install an old version then reinstall the 1.82?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

That would be a god way to check that the install is new…

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“From my experience it won’t install the same version as what is already on the mixer”

Are you sure? I’m nowhere near a Qu at the moment, so can’t check, but I’m sure I’ve done this…….

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

I’m not near the one we use right now since I’m at work. I
    am going to look at it today or tomorrow.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

So after rolling back to 1.73 I plugged my phone in to the ST3 port to record and was able to record for about 20 mins until I stopped it. Installing 1.82 again to see if It will do the same. I will report back with any Issues Typically it records for about 30 secs or less until it stops on it’s own.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

After installing 1.82 again, I had the same success as when I was back on 1.73. Not sure if it was a firmware problem, but I also reformatted the flash drive with my computer then reformatted with the board as well. Hopefully when we go to use it this week for service it goes well.

Profile photo of Creator
    Creator
    Participant

So trying to record on sunday, I ran into the same issue I was having before. I had to format the drive with a computer then reformat with the board for it to work. We never had to do this before. Not sure what the issue is but we at least got it to work. One other question I was trying to record with audacity as it is a free and pretty decent program. The problem I had was it only recorded the 1st channel on the board which for us was bass. Any help in trying to record using the usb B output to pc would be great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.