a 16 track recording for practicing virtual mixing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting a 16 track recording for practicing virtual mixing

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xpilotcz xpilotcz 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lesouvage
    lesouvage
    Participant

Does anybody has a 16 track Qu-16 recording of a band, that can be used for practicing mixing and play around on the Qu-16 to discover the influence of different settings and presets on the sound. It would be nice if A & H provides a “perfect for practicing” recording for download on their website.

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Good suggestion

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

You might find something that could be useful here:

https://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

Note that this site is not affiliated with A&H in any way.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of lesouvage
    lesouvage
    Participant

Thanks a lot and sorry for thanking you so late. I will start to look into it. It looks great.

Profile photo of xpilotcz
    xpilotcz
    Participant

Hi,
    check all tracks after downloading and make sure they are 48k 24bit MONO and convert them if needed otherwise you may have issues loading your project in QU. I have spend quite some time with errors when loading such a project which was caused by one stereo track. You also need to rename tracks according to the manual provided with your QU.

I found that tracks do not have to be same size but I have recognized quick pops after a track wave reached the end.
    Track name number corresponds with channel number, do not forget to change source to USB.

Project can be set to repeat play what is good for practicing. There is no way how to cycle selected part of a project AFAIK. This would be very handy (for example virtual sound check of a solo instrument playing few bars only).

That’s just my two cents.
    Pavel

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Can someone upload such a multitrack-file (to the user library) who has already tested it with his Qu-16? I’m not a studio guy so would take a lot of time to download a track from the link above and change length, name, format, etc… i just wan’t to check if i could play all the tracks back! ;D

Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Please use for your personal educational use only.
    Audio courtesy of local band Grace Notes.
    Not to be distributed.
    https://109.203.103.60/tech/Qu-16/AHQU.zip

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Nice one!

Profile photo of xpilotcz
    xpilotcz
    Participant

Hi everyone,

check out this page as well.

https://www.mixoff.org

Have fun!
    Pavel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.