48k 96k DANTE sync…

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions 48k 96k DANTE sync…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Thomaslamb
    Thomaslamb
    Participant

So as part of our new system my goal was to make sure everything was in sync. I’ve been looking at the studio-tech 5401 to sync up all of our DANTE sources and destinations feeding it with possibly a Big Ben with an x video card (although it’s discontinued) that way we could output black burst for the video side as well. Then everything should be happy! However, how do you deal with the consoles running at 96k and everything else living in a 48k world? Is there a sync generator I’m missing that does both? I’ve done a bunch of googling but if someone knows of s great article I haven’t found please send it my way.

Thanks,
    T

Thomaslamb
    Participant

It does look like the brainstorm DXD8 does multiple formats simultaneously…

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I didn’t think that there was a 96k Dante card yet for the dLive system, only the current 48k card and mounting adapter.
    I’m sure I have read that they(Audinate) is working on building a card for 96k, but it wasn’t ready yet.

Thomaslamb
    Participant

I have 3 on order. They are expected to be here before the end of May. 96k 128 channels.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

You would need to set the dLive Dante card to 48k in order for it to pass audio to your other Dante devices.
    The dLive will still be able to sync from the card, and upsample the clock so that the internal processing is still at 96k.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

So Nicola, I’m guessing that setting the 96k card to 48k also then reduces the channel count back down to 64 in/out?
    Considering the cost difference between the new 96k and the older 48k, what is the real advantage of the new card if the rest of the Dante system is still running at 48k.
    Any idea how long the 48k will continue to be produced?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread. Just some questions as we are preparing for a new dLive system in the near future.

Scott.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

channel count on the new cards should not change on sample rate change

the new cards transmit control data to connect the new Dante stageboxes

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

What Steffen said.
    The older (48kHz) M-Dante card will still be available for the foreseeable future due to its applications with ME-U and GLD/iLive systems in the field.
    The new 64×64 and 128×128 cards will futureproof your setup with 96k compatibility and can indeed control the DT168 / DT164-W.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.