44,1 kHz via USB possible ?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 44,1 kHz via USB possible ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of musicsound
    musicsound
    Participant

In general I understand that the QU mixers are working on 48 kHz.
    However, I would like to listen to my music library which I have on my laptop (format = 44,1 kHz / 16bit / .wav format) via USB and my QU mixer.

I am afraid that this is not possible since there is a mismatch of the sample rate.
    Is there any workaround or do I have to use another USB Interface first (e.g. NI Audio2) which I connect analog to the Qu mixer afterwards ???

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

The Qu is finicky with playback sample rates only when using the QDrive as direct playback, when it wants to play back only at 48kHz 24-bit .wav files.
    When connecting digital equipment it’s the two pieces of connected digital gear that need to be in sample rate sync.
    Using a program on your laptop connected to the Qu should be fine for playback, regardless of the sample rates of the particular files.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

If your laptop has a USB 2.0 port use that to connect to the console. Certain USB 3.0 ports don’t play nice with the USB-B 2.0 ports on Qu consoles.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.