3rd Party Plugins

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions 3rd Party Plugins

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DavidCo DavidCo 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I haven’t purchased the mixer yet, but I would love to see the QU-16 have an update feature that allows the use of 3rd party plugins!

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

What sort of effects are you looking to use, Alrod?

DC

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

I would love to be able to use my Waves plugins as well as my favorite reverbs, the Relab LX480, and the Lexicon PCM Native Bundle. Then there are the delays from SoundToys. The ability to use these plugins would be awesome! Do you know who makes the effects for A&H? Are they built in-house, or are they provided by a 3rd party?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Indeed, A&H FX are are designed in-house. Alternatively, you may want to consider the GLD and a Waves Soundgrid expansion card.

DC

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Thanks for all of your comments by the way!

As much as I would like to purchase a GLD, it is way above what I am willing to spend for a mixer.

Is there any chance at all the the QU-16 will have 3rd party plugin capability (for live use), in the future? I imagine what that would take is a partnership with 3rd party vendors to develop their plugins for the A&H QU platform. Or perhaps an expansion card could be developed that utilizes the USB-B port for this functionality? I would certainly pay for this feature!

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

To support such 3rd party plugins we’d need a compatible platform to put them on, which does not exist anywhere on Qu. FX here are written at a very low level, specifically for the processor family used.

However there’s nothing to stop you sending audio out over USB-B from a channel or mix, then returning it on another input channel. There will be a latency penalty to some degree though.

DC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.