3 consoles

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jdubya
    jdubya
    Participant

Hey guys-

New to dlive system, but quite a bit of digital audio experience. Here’s my situation.

I have a C3500 with a dante card and a 64 input mix rack. I’d like to add a couple things but I’m having trouble finding clarity to what I can add.

I’d like to add a waves V3 card to run waves plugins off sound grid server, a c1500 for IEM console, and an additional c1500 for our livestream mix.

If I put a gigaACE card in the mix rack could I do all of this on the dlive system?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

wich mixrack? CDM or DM? they differ in expansion slots and redundancy features

you will need a GigaACE Card for every secondary surface, so every aditional C1500 needs a separate card

more information:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Understanding-Multi-Surface-ISS1.pdf

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

@jdubya if you put a GigaACE card in the stage rack & send your IEM & broadcast consoles from that card, and the Waves card in the surface slot you’ll be good. Just make sure you set roles for each & gain track everything

Profile photo of RobbO
    RobbO
    Participant

@biggsounds will the gain tracking work on any surface/mixrack in the system? I’ve seen it setup for using 2 surfaces with one mixrack. Wondering if it’ll work in a multi-surface/mixrack setup if roles are set accordingly.

@jdubya we run a DM64/s7000 for FoH and a DM0/s5000 for monitors with an option to split all channels out via Dante to DM32/c3500 for recording or steaming. Patching everything is pretty straight forward on the I/O pages. So far so good.

Profile photo of Netracer24
    Netracer24
    Participant

It is also worth noting that C series desk and C series mixrack only has one card slot in each.

Profile photo of jdubya
    jdubya
    Participant

Thanks guys!

I’ll have to validate which mixrack I am working with but You are confirming what I thought. Time to get to work I suppose!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the system can provide 4 surfaces with one DM rack (every slot holds a GigaACE Card)
    and regarded to the slot count only 2 surfaces with a CDM rack

but every surface has extra slots for additional networking cards like Dante, MADI or Soundgrid

Profile photo of jdubya
    jdubya
    Participant

So I have a CMD console….which complicates things. I posted a flow chart of what I was thinking with consoles and cards and all, but I have the impression that this doesn’t work. I can’t pass GigaAce from one console to the next if I put the GigaAce card in the console correct?

Profile photo of jdubya
    jdubya
    Participant

Here is the layout

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

I’ll give you one more option, but it depends on your exact needs. I use it regularly, A&H has confirmed it works, but it technically isn’t a directly support configuration.

If you don’t need Audio I/O at your additional surfaces, you can treat it just like Director and connect the ethernet (not GigaAce) on the additional surface(s) to the Mixrack network connection and you have full control as another role. Pick up your audio (including headphone) off the MR or another surface with a GigaAce connection.

I’ve had running:
    – DM64, with GigaAce card and 2x DX168’s
    – tied to S5000 via onboard GigaAce, with Wave v3 and Dante cards
    – IP8
    – ME Hub + ME1/ME500’s
    – 2 Directors (1 wireless)
    – SQ6 tied to DM64 GigaAce
    – C1500 tied to DM64 network (no audio, it came off DM64) and was effectively used as an extension of the S5000

Musical theatre, 40+ wireless + live orchestra

Could the chose to remove the ability to run a surface like this? Sure. Would they?

Jay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.