2U Rack-mounted DX168!?!?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions 2U Rack-mounted DX168!?!?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of alli alli 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of j4k3st4ff
    j4k3st4ff
    Participant

I’d do anything for a purpose built 2u version of the DX168. I’d love to be able to fit 3 of them plus a DX-Hub in 7u of space instead of the current 13u. It’s silly that there’s no smaller option. Rack space is at a premium on smaller tours as well as splitter space and I can’t afford to have a 13u rack where an 8u does it fine. I’m currently using a 10u which houses 2x DX168, a UPS, a 48 channel 3-way split and a 4x 16ch linesystem. If there was a 2u DX168 I’d be able to utilise the full 48 channels but currently have to purposely fit my channel counts within 32 channels because having a bigger rack just isn’t an option. It’s also a pain if I switch between a DLive set-up and SQ set-up that the switch is inside the rack!? I have to take it apart to do so… I’d love to at least know if something like this is in the pipeline or not for the future?

Profile photo of OrionX
    OrionX
    Participant

The “Redudndant/Cascade” switch being somewhere much more accessible (like on the front!) would be extremely useful.

As for squeezing into 2U of space versus 4 – I imagine it could be done, but looking at what I can see of the different boards through the vent holes, I would imagine it would be a complete redesign, and a challenging one at that.

Still, a 2U version of a DX168 would be pretty awesome.

+1

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.