29,30,31,32 No audio

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting 29,30,31,32 No audio

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stupaak stupaak 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

I am using Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6 2010 Mac Pro

Hope all is well, I recently decided to do all my Logic mixing through my Qu32. For a reason that I cannot figure out. When I route the Logic track to 29,30 or 31,32 as stereo there is no audio, but when I place the same bit of audio on any other stereo pair it has audio. I see the audio registering in logic’s meter and on the Qu mix channel meter.
    I have check all the usual things like making sure all of my channels are set to USB b, The channels are not muted. I am on the main LR not on the mix channel. I have even tried using DAW bank up and down just to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I’ve tried it in solo mode with the same result. I even restarted the Logic session hoping it would self-correct.
    If anyone has an answer that may help me it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Stupaak

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@stupaak ,

If you can see signal on the channel but cannot hear any audio, are channels 29-32 assigned to your LR mix?
    The quickest way to check is by pressing the blue LR mix key, then holding the ‘Assign’ key and ensuring the ‘Sel’ keys are illuminated for all channels you want assigned to the mix.
    (hold the ‘Assign’ key and press the ‘Sel’ keys to toggle assigned/unassigned)
    You can also check which mixes each channel is assigned to in the routing screen.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Hello Kieth, thanks for the reply. All channels are illuminated. It is the weirdest thing. I see a signal in DAW and on QU. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Things just got weirder. I turned up the main to -4db and I can hear the signal coming through my headphones that are connected to the Qu. The signal is not loud, but my meters on both the Qu and Logic show it’s loud.

Stupaak

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

The problem has to be routing. For some reason, it’s not getting the signal to the main LR mix.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@stupaak – and you’ve checked they’re assigned now?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Are the channels possibly members of a DCA that is turned down?

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Yes I checked the assignments, They are correct

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Thank you so much that was it. It defaults to the DCA’s which I never use. When I turned the DCA’s up I could hear the signal. Thanks again

Stupaak

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.