20db cut pad

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions 20db cut pad

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rocketman
    Rocketman
    Participant

Does the Qu16 have a 20db cut pad on the channel inputs if the signal is to hot? I’m trying to get enough input gain to have a strong sign to the monitor mixs… when I get it loud enough for a to have enough in the monitors some things clip… I try to run unity gain… alot of the times I can’t do to clipping… any suggest would be appreciated…

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What level are you setting the input channels at using the PFL metering?

Are you talking about stage monitors?
    How much cut EQ are you applying to the monitor mixes, too much cut EQ just turns into
    a signal level attenuator.

Are you compressing the monitor mixes?

What kind of monitors are you using, can you apply some make up gain there?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

To answer the original question the QU16 and all of the QU mixers local inputs do not
    have a pad, if you use a stage box the inputs from the stage do have a pad function.

In your case a -20db pad would not help…unless the inputs are still too hot even with the input gain all the way down.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I may be way off but this sounds to me like your monitors aren’t up for their task unless you are somehow losing a lot of signal between the mix-output and the monitor.

Giga

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.