ADMIN PASS LOST

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions ADMIN PASS LOST

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Still curious why A&H will not address this serious matter.

GLD 80- AR2412….GLD112,AR2412 and 2 x AR84’s coming plus QU16 & ME-1

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

GCumbee –

What did A&H say when you contacted them?

Tim Tyler
    Richmond, Va USA

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have not contacted them. I have just said I think they should address this serious matter. It does not seem like it is getting any attention….Should be an easy fix.

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GCumbee

Still curious why A&H will not address this serious matter.

This entry’s been in the FAQ/knowledge base for, oh, over a year. Resetting the admin password requires a hard reset of the console. A hard reset of the console requires opening it up, which voids the warranty unless done by a qualified service engineer.

Link:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/422/0/gld-80–user-profile-password-reset

I suppose they could have made the hard reset switch more accessible, but wouldn’t that have defeated the purpose of locking down the console with an admin password in the first place?

No one forgets console admin passwords! It’s stolen! When returned to A&H, they’ll figure out whose console it is. That is probably the reason someone doesn’t want to return it for the reset!

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    2 X AR84

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I agree, but compared to other gear I have I think it a bit unusual. I bought an SUV just out of lease. I could not find anywhere that the keyless entry buttons were written down. Not a huge deal but wanted to know. I managed to contact the lady who had leased the vehicle. She said she had used that feature but could not remember it. I was skeptical but what was I to do? So, luckily I had it in the Ford dealer for a minor repair which required them hooking up their computer to it. They normally charge $35 to retrieve a code, but he threw that in for free. That would be another method. Either A&H could log in remotely to the console or through a computer and retrieve the password or reset it..

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.