Same input on 2 layers

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Same input on 2 layers

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of novumav
    novumav
    Participant

Hi.

I’ve put 1 input on 2 layers which is fine. However, the input on layer 1’s controls are changing the input on layer 2’s controls. i.e. eq, compressor etc.

The reason for this is because I am using the same microphone for presentations and then for a vocalist.

I’m aware i can save scenes etc and swap it over but I would like to know if I can do it the way i have described?

Help gratefully received!

Simon

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

See this thread that addressed this….You can assign a socket to more than one channel and set each independently..

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2943

If you just drag and drop on your control setup for banks/layers they are still the same input setup which is what it sounds like you are doing.

GLD 80
    AR2412

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

After looking at that again it does not go into detail…

Go to the preamp screen of the second position you want the same mic. in the upper left use the assign to choose the socket for that mic. Now you have the same mic on the second strip. You can now do with it as you choose. As i said in that thread, DON’T do it from the I/O screen. I had problems with that freezing. Do it from the preamp screen in the processing section of the second strip…

GLD 80
    AR2412

Profile photo of novumav
    novumav
    Participant

Perfect! Thanks!

You are pretty good at this!! :)

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Strip assigning an input channel to two faders is not the same as sending the same input socket to two channels.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by novumav

Perfect! Thanks!

You are pretty good at this!! :)

Not really…just immersed myself in it a lot lately. Plus a lot of good help on this forum. Saves a lot of experimenting when there are folks who have been there on something you can’t figure out….

Appreciate A&H for having forums. Make things a bunch easier….

GLD 80- AR2412….GLD112,AR2412 and 2 x AR84’s coming plus QU16 & ME-1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.