Feature request- global tap tempo

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Feature request- global tap tempo

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of casigoreng casigoreng 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caseymglass
    caseymglass
    Participant

So something that has bugged me from day one is that I can’t assign one soft key to tap tempo on a global basis but instead have to choose which effects rack it is assigned to and so I have to have several tap tempo buttons for each unit. So please:
    -selectable global tempo
    -global tap tempo assign to soft key
    – somewhere to set a tempo

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

Yep. Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely love my GLDs (an 80 and a 120), but Avid has a much better tempo solution than A&H.

Really, re-doing the delay FX system is my biggest “want” in the GLD and iLive lines.

I agree on a global tempo (with each FX unit having the option of what “note” (i.e. quarter note, dotted eighth, etc) to use.

In addition, tap tempo should be in BPM, not milliseconds – nobody is using an FX unit to time-align loudspeakers; we’re using it for *music*, which uses BPM, frequently synced to a click source.

Finally, 1360 milliseconds isn’t a long enough maximum delay; sometimes I want more than that. Any way to increase that to 2 or 2.5 seconds?

That’s really my only quarrel with the GLD, I think – it’s an absolute joy to mix on in general, and the ME-1 personal mixers are incredible.

Profile photo of casigoreng
    casigoreng
    Participant

Oh….!! That would be a dream! I realy feel like a drummer playing the drum track on the soft keys. And it is’nt a good feeling ;-)

https://www.canto-forte.de

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.