Qu-16 midi or lack thereof

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Qu-16 midi or lack thereof

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of donmr donmr 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of donmr
    donmr
    Participant

When i bought the qu-16 I was assured it will have “full midi implementation” and “in fact it has 2 midi ports, one over ethernet and one over USB” Great! thinks I….
    Well I’m afraid that _so far_ the midi implementation on the Qu-16 is nothing short of appalling. Can’t even do something as basic as a scene change without completely locking up. Close to zero information from A&H about whatever midi capabilities it has or what is planned for the future. Combining the qu-pad app in a system with other iPads running things like Setlist Maker via wifi midi leads to more show stopping trouble. I like many things about the Qu-16 and it does sound pretty good, (not “gobsmackingly good” but good enough). For anyone jumping from the analog world this console is very straight forward and the recording functionality is excellent with the Qu-Drive and USB to computer options. Unfortunately I will be dumping mine unless A&H can get some BASIC MIDI FUNCTIONS up and running sooner rather than later. Qu-Pad app CAN’T do scene changes, tap tempo, global FX mute (no qu-pad soft keys!??!?). This is crazy, basic stuff!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.