Security question

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Security question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of caseymglass caseymglass 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Let’s say I setup a USER to have access to a specific scene. Let’s forget about permissions at this point. I just want that user to log on with his PW and only be able to work on one scene.

I have several scenes assigned to softkeys. In this case Soft 1-7.

If I try to change scenes with the screen recall functions in SCENES I am greeted with the prompt that I don’t have access or permission to do that.

But……if I use the softkeys they change and work. Same with Soft 8 that I have assigned to NEXT scene. Only screen recall seems to be the secure method. So this allows the USER full access.

Am I correct here or not doing something right in the USER setup or whatever to keep this from happening?

I did not search out to see if this has ever been addressed. Security is a HUGE thing with several potential customers for the GLD…

Thanks in advance for any suggestions…

GLD 80
    AR2412

Profile photo of caseymglass
    caseymglass
    Participant

quote:

So this allows the USER full access.

Not exactly. You have given them full access by having them recall a scene where those other scenes are assigned and available. The solution is simply remove those softkey assignments from the scene that loads on their login.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.