Modifying dante outputs

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Modifying dante outputs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jhalfast
    jhalfast
    Participant

I’ve got a iDR-48 linked to another iDR & T-112 via Dante. I can’t follow the logic about the signal pathway: I suppose all the iDR-48 is doing is digitizing the signals and making them available to the Dante card. Is there any modification to the signals being done on the 48 first? This is important to me, because we have some really weak signals that need gain, and some that need phantom power.

I can tap into the 48 via mixpad, but it doesn’t seem to be able to make any noticeable changes.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi jhalfast,

The iDR-48 will send up to 64 channels to its Port B Dante. These are patched using iLive Editor or a Surface connected to the iDR-48. MixPad does not give you access to the I/O patch.

I would suggest you check what you are sending out of the iDR-48 in the first place. In a FoH/Monitor split setup, you typically patch MixRack Inputs to Port B outputs, so the signals are not affected by digital trim or any processing. Also make sure the same MixRack Inputs are assigned to the iDR-48 channels you are tweaking on MixPad.

Hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.