Using FX channels improvements

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Using FX channels improvements

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Hi all,

During shows I always name my FX channels. I have two issues which could be improved I think :

* Naming : I can’t believe anybody uses two different names for input and output. So why are they not linked together?
    Now I have to type the same name twice… Not very important, but a little annoying and it would save time

* Mix select. I would be great if you can use the MIX button on the FX return strip. Saves time and thinking.

regards,
    Pascal

GLD80 :-)

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

+1 for both suggestions! my words!

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

The problem about assigning the FX ret Mix button as you propose is this:
    This button is already defined as Mix out to Auxes, Groups, Mains, just like any other Input’s Mix button. Changing this would break the logic behind the whole forward/backward mix assign procedure and make things more confusing.
    Other than that, I had the same thoughts before, too…..

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I like the mix button the way it is, if I want some reverb on the delay return I press “mix” on the return and push up a reverb send.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.