GLD misurated

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD misurated

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of johnfrusketti johnfrusketti 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

I did some measurement on GLD80, just to see in-out delay, phase shift etc…
    Did with SMAART 6 and Focusrite Scarlet 2i2. Send a pink noise on input 41 and take signal from out 24(patching with AUX, LR and Matrix), both on surface.

Some interesting things: in-out latency from input to AUX out is 1.4ms, 1.52 if the out is from MAIN LR, and 1.6 if sendind the main LR to a Matrix, then taking the out. An extra 0.1ms is added when inserting an effect such the deesser(if the insert is turned off there’s no delay).

A very cool fact is that all EQ, comp, etc, is alwais on, this mean no latency when something is turned on/off.

The eq has a phase rotation, with a 15dB of boost (or cut) of about +o- 60°.

What makes me smile are the compressors: as i noticed using during live, they do nothing to the eq: even with lot of dB of reduction, the amplitude response is flat.

Did some measurement on graphic eq too: constant, proportional and hybrid have basically the same phase rotation, digital has a litte bit less rotation. Didn’t see anything strange on the frequency response.

Curious to see what difference there’s using the stage racks.

bye
    Luca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.