M-Dante Questions

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions M-Dante Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of timtrace timtrace 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Hi, I’m prepared to pull the trigger on an M-Dante for my iDR-32 and I have a few questions. Please forgive, some may be basic questions.

With Dante in my iDR-32, will I be able to route all 32 input sockets to my DVS host as individual recorded tracks while simultaneously mixing down to mains and auxes in a traditional manner?

Will the routing to Dante be pre or post gain/EQ/dynamics/fader? I would like it to be post-gain.

Later, can I play back all 32 recorded tracks through the iDR-32 and mix them down to mains and auxes using all of the processing and DFX?

Finally, is $1,600 the price of admission in the states or can I do better — if so, where? :) Thank you!

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

1: Yes works fine on my IDR32 every time.

2: You can choose Post preamp gain, Post HPF, Post Gate, Post Insert return, Post PEQ, Post Comp, Post Limiter and Post delay. Also Follow fader and follow mute. Don’t think I have ever heard of a pre gain direct out though.

3: Yes, either on the same channels you recorded through or the 32 reamianing channels of the IDR’s 64.

4:Pretty much the same everywhere unless you find a used one or campaign.

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

2. If you chose “MixRack Input” instead of IP direct out then the feed to the Dante will be post gain but pre-trim. If you take Direct Out its post gain and trim.

3. To do this you’ll want to set up a couple of scenes that just change the input patchbay. What I usually do is make scene 1 a full scene with all parameters. Then scene 2 and 3 are scenes that only contain the patchbay. On scene 2 update it with all the IP sources coming from the Mixrack sockets and on scene 2 update it with all the IP sources set as Dante inputs. Then recall scene 2 to mix a live show and recall scene 3 to playback and mix a recorded show. Changes to EQ or FX or routing (etc etc) that you want to make can be saved in scene 1.

4. You might trim a few dollars off that price if you find one used, but they are a rare commodity on the used market.

-d

Shalin Liu Performance Center
    37 Main Street
    Rockport, MA 01966
    http://www.rockportmusic.org

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Thanks, guys!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.