Multiple GLD remotes with different permissions?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Multiple GLD remotes with different permissions?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jcarter jcarter 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Skynet
    Skynet
    Participant

Hello,

First post so hopefully this is OK. I have two questions please.

1) is it possible to have multiple IPads with the GLD remote app?

2) is it possible using permissions configured on the desk, to only allow a user (on an iPad GLD remote) to only have permission to edit AUX mixes, and not others such as FOH or matrix mixes?

Incase I am asking the wrong questions, what I am trying to achieve is to allow both the FOH engineer to have an iPad with all mixes available! But with a different engineer back stage for monitor mixing only with another iPad remote.

The one mix app looks good but wouldn’t work for a monitor engineer mixing multiple AUX channels (if I understand the information correctly). Another option is the GLD Editor app that looks its about to be released, but I missed the webinar and the info isn’t available on the YouTube channel yet (so far as I can see).

Thanks in advance for everyones input!

Steve

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

1) Yes, it’s possible to have multiple instances connected on different machines. I think you can have up to sixteen remote machines connected.

2) No, I don’t think it’s possible to restrict the Remote app (or upcoming Editor) to do what you describe. And why does FOH get to mess with monitors and not vice versa, anyway? [:D]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.