Router Recommendation – Edgemax

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Router Recommendation – Edgemax

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Biggsounds Biggsounds 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Hi all,

Wanted to share a product that I’ve found extremely useful the Ubiquity Networks Edgemax line of routers. These are based on Vyatta ( a linux distro made for huge scale network administration) but includes many advanced features such as hardware packet acceleration, vlans, multiple subnets, dhcp instances, so on. You can filter bridging by traffic content (i.e. don’t spam your ethersound network with Dante signals, but let ACE traverse)

Its mostly CLI configuration, but it outperforms most $800 routers.

p.s. like all pro grade routers, there is no built in wifi, but there’s many basic access point solutions.

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    Austin Federa, Lawrence University
    https://dimmercheck.blogspot.com

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Interesting, I use one of the companies 5Ghz wireless access points as do quite a number of audio guys I know and they work just great, think it is called an “air station pico” but they do a very comprehensive range.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

+1 on ubiquiti
    I replaced ALL my wireless gear with ubiquiti routers and they are up there as the best.

Weatherproof, carrier grade, high power.

What is not to like about them.

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Which models have you got running? They look interesting…

Adam Biggs
    T112 surface & iDR48
    T80 surface & iDR48
    MixPad for iPad & Tweak for iPhone apps
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Mac Mini Server w/Mountain Lion

with Belkin PlayMax N600 HD router
    Dante card tracking into Reaper with playback via FooBar (PC) or Presonus Capture/Studio One (Mac)

Find me on Facebook – http://www.fb.com/BiggsoundsProductions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.