1st Live Show with GLD

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions 1st Live Show with GLD

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Hinkens Joe Hinkens 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

Saturday we pulled off our first live show with the GLD. A local brew house with good crowd. Our new rig consisted of the GLD 80, the M-Dante card interfaced with Superior Drummer on a Macbook Pro and Jobeky triggered drums, a new rack with 3 stage boxes (LT, RT, and Drums)connected with 3 new ‘homebuilt’ Amphenol multipins to the rack which really cut down on setup time, and new Fulcrum Acoustic FA28 PA tops. We’re all on in-ears. We didn’t have a single glitch. Everything worked flawless and we got tons of compliments on how great the sound quality was. We’ve never sounded better.
    We couldn’t be happier with the GLD 80. [:)]

Thanks,
    Joe

GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, MacBook Pro, Studio One 2

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Hinkensa new rack with 3 stage boxes (LT, RT, and Drums)connected with 3 new ‘homebuilt’ Amphenol multipins to the rack which really cut down on setup time, and new Fulcrum Acoustic FA28 PA tops.

What is LT and RT? I’ve heard of Upstage, Downstage, Stage Left, Right and Centre…

What subs did you have under the Fulcrums? What size was the room?

Chris

Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Hinkensa new rack with 3 stage boxes (LT, RT, and Drums)connected with 3 new ‘homebuilt’ Amphenol multipins to the rack which really cut down on setup time, and new Fulcrum Acoustic FA28 PA tops.

What is LT and RT? I’ve heard of Upstage, Downstage, Stage Left, Right and Centre…

What subs did you have under the Fulcrums? What size was the room?

Chris

Chris,
    I was referring to Stage Left, Stage Right, and Center (drums). The stage boxes connect via multipins to a rack panel I built consisting of 3 multipin connectors with sockets that have fanouts with xlr’s and trs connectors that patch to the AR2412 and the drum trigger interface. This way we can leave everything in the rack connected.

For subs, we’re temporarily running QSC K Subs while I’m waiting to take delivery on a pair of the new Fulcrum dual 15’s active subs that are soon to be released.

I’m guessing at the room size but I think it was about 50′ by 50′. Just a small little beer hall, yet relatively decent acoustics.

Thanks,
    Joe

GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, MacBook Pro, Studio One 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.