M-Dante audio glitches?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions M-Dante audio glitches?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BobWitte BobWitte 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jono-Morgan
    Jono-Morgan
    Participant

Anyone else have this issue? Multi tracked a practice the other day onto an 8 core amd with 16gb ram and heaps of space and all through the recording there’s errors and get cracks and pops? how should i have this set up? i even pushed the buffer out to 2048 samples to try and smooth it but no luck. is this something to do with clock settings?

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Yes, check the clock settings. Most likely the GLD and DVS aren’t synchronising properly.

The way we have it setup, make sure that in Dante Controller under device view that the brklyn module is set as slave to external word clock. Then, the GLD itself should be set as ‘preferred master’ in Settings.

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

George is right.

here is the same with some expanded dialogue:

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2745

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Jono-Morgan
    Participant

Did this, still experiencing, not as much but still there :/

BobWitte
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Jono Morgan

Did this, still experiencing, not as much but still there :/

Make sure you do both:

Using Dante Controller under Network View –> Clock Status, I set the m-Dante as Preferred master, and Slave to external word clock ‘Yes’ (i.e. slave m_Dante to iLive, sort of counter intuitive?)

Bob

Jono-Morgan
    Participant

Could someone put up some screen shots of what dvs and the controller should look like, as far as i can tell im doing it right but still ending up with un usable material

Profile photo of Shaunar2006
    Shaunar2006
    Participant

I had this same issue. To use more than 32 channels, you must have a gigabit ethernet card on your computer. Most computers have only 100mb/s card, which will cause the pops that you are describing. Like I said, I had the EXACT same issue, and fought with the settings for a month before trying one last thing. I bought a $15 gigabit ethernet card and installed into my computer. Now I have flawless recordings, quicker setup and routing with the new card.

Shaun

Jono-Morgan
    Participant

Already using gigabit, I built a pc especially for it, looks like this

amd fx8320
    gigabyte ga990fxa
    16gb ddr3 ram
    2tb hdd
    radeon hd7750

I’ve been disabling the wifi and everything

Profile photo of Shaunar2006
    Shaunar2006
    Participant

Is there anything in the network such as a ethernet switch that isnt gigabit? The Dante is supposed to work in an existing network, but just to be safe, I have my computer directly connected to the Dante, separate from the outside network, thus eliminating any possible issues there. However, my PC does have wifi and it is connected to the outside network, and I still haven’t had issues there.

Shaun

Jono-Morgan
    Participant

Nope i run cat 6 straight from gigabit port to dante module. I’m positive its something to do with setup as the tracks record but don’t sync, audio seems to jump around. is it possible its to do with the buffer sample size?

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

I also had issues with the onboard NIC on our PC just because it was fairly cheap and nasty.

Bought one of these: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/network-adapters/gigabit-network-adapters/gigabit-ct-desktop-adapter.html

All seems OK now. Perhaps something to consider if you’re using an onboard NIC.

BobWitte
    Participant

We have recorded probably 16+ hours of Live material and tested for another 8 hours from 12 to 50 channels into Reaper without a single glitch. I have done this both through a switch (most of the hours using it) and without a switch.

Originally I had to work through the correct clock settings (described earlier). Somewhere you have a clocking issue. Make sure yo have the correct settings on the recording application too.

Bob

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.