ME-1 Qs part deux

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions ME-1 Qs part deux

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of timtrace timtrace 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

I’m curious about adding an ME-1 rig to my system.

Let me see if I understand correctly. I add an M-ACE card to my iDR. I add an ME-U to my monitor rack, because I like the idea of a fully branded, road-ready solution. I add four ME-1s, one for each muso. I use armored CAT5e to jump from the iDR to the ME-U, and drops of armored CAT5e from the ME-U to each ME-1.

Question #1: Two of the musos are on ears, and their transmitters are in their stage racks. The stereo output on the ME-1 would drive their transmitters. But this is an unbalanced connection. Will I experience ground noise in this scenario?

Question #2: Two of the musos are on passive wedges with rack-mounted power amps. Although I could run a TRS cable from the ME-1 back to the power amp, it would be a lot easier if the ME-1 could mix down to an output on the iDR. Is this possible?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi timtrace,

Have you considered using the iLive OneMix iPad app? This would give the musicians control over an iLive mix patched to the iDR output sockets.

Nicola
    A&H

timtrace
    Participant

Thank you, Nicola, that may be the best way. Is it possible to demo the software?

timtrace
    Participant

A few days later and OneMix and MixPad are up and running, and I’m very happy. Thank you for the help :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.