Scene Fade Times? EVER?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Scene Fade Times? EVER?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tomcox tomcox 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mckennatech
    mckennatech
    Participant

I mix with a T112 and iDR48 every week. I love every aspect of it. HOWEVER, every time I use one and I remember that it doesn’t have scene fades from one scene to the next, it just drives me crazy. I just don’t understand how a board this professional, with such stiff competition, doesn’t have such a common, and necessary feature.

Is this ever going to be updated? Is it software, or hardware? I can’t believe iLive’s don’t have this feature.

Scott
    iLive T112
    iDR48

Profile photo of Gerger
    Gerger
    Participant

In case if you will get a negative answer, i have a workaround for you: You can remote control all the faders by midi. Use a PC to move the faders slowly.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Midi isn’t a great workaround for scene fades as it would require additional midi hardware that still can’t recall enought other scene info to be the sole scene manager, so you still need to run ilive scenes as well and then you have to manage two cue lists and separate the parameters that each system will recall. Even just inserting a scene would require editing both the iLive scene and the Midi cue list. As you cant easily (quickly) store a CUSTOM parameter scene in the iLive without first storing dummy edited scenes you would need to move or copy a previously edited scene or re edit the stored parameters, then go and edit your midi cue list etc. Yes it can be done – would it be practical to use? Perhaps … If you have a long running consistant production and LOTS of programming time! For me the poor scene manager and lack of scene fades are my biggest wishes for improvement on the iLive!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of frozenwaffles
    frozenwaffles
    Participant

AMEN!!!
    seriously, sort this **** out please?!?!?!?!

Jeremy Koch
    Innovative Production Services – http://www.innovative.net.au

Current stock:
    2x T112, 1x T80, 2x R72, 2x iDR-48, 3x iDR-16, 2x xDR-16
    4x Dante Cards, 3x ACE Cards

Profile photo of tomcox
    tomcox
    Participant

I agree I have just posted a simular topic in the GLD forums. This is essential for any theatre work. It would make such a difference!

Profile photo of Ian Fisher
    Ian Fisher
    Participant

I would also support scene fade times. If I wanted just on or off I could give the surface to the DSM to cue. Let us get back to mixing subtly as my colleagues in LX can do and I could do if I hired in a Digico with the new T software. I support A&H developing smaller desks but please make sure your flagship brand is working for theatre use before moving on.

Ian Fisher
    Broadcast & Theatre Sound Supervisor

Profile photo of tomcox
    tomcox
    Participant

Can I add I would definitely upgrade to an iLive from GLD if it had scene fading capabilities.

If there was a theatre style upgrade like digico T series I would happily pay for the software upgrade also.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.