AR84 mechanical design

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions AR84 mechanical design

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johnfrusketti johnfrusketti 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of atrakce
    atrakce
    Participant

I have problem with my AR84. I have an empty space bellow them in rack,
    AR84 mounted via all 4 screws, and AR84 “bend” by its own weight front panel. I think, that front panel (or holder part for rack mounting of this panel) AR84 is thin and soft (I can bend it with hand), and cannot hold pernamently AR84 in horizontal position, especialy when is used in mobile aplication (vibrations during transport,…..). With AR2412 no problem.

GL2400-24 -> GLD80
    AR2412
    AR84
    ZED14,ZED18

Profile photo of MattLW
    MattLW
    Participant

Try wedging a big lump of flightcase foam under it (easy to remove, but should support it), I do that with amp racks sometimes when I need to space the amps out.

BTW I’d like to know: Why is there no Link port on the back’s of the AR2412 & 84 unit’s, could do without the 2m lump of Ethernet cable hanging out the front (not got a short link made up as yet as it’s just come out the box…..) and why the AR2412 comes with feet on it… PITA to remove them to rack with the AR84 below….

Cheers

m

http://www.lite-works.co.uk

Profile photo of johnfrusketti
    johnfrusketti
    Participant

+1 for the foam.
    I have mine AR2412 and 84 in a 4 units rack, 2412 on top and 84 under it. Tighten the 8 rack screw and fill the side, top and bottom space between rack and AR with small peaces of foam.
    bye
    Luca

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.