Using M-Waves cards for FOH/monitor split?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Using M-Waves cards for FOH/monitor split?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nik@UPG
    Nik@UPG
    Participant

Hey everyone!

I currently have a GLD-80 & AR2412, but I’m wanting to add a monitor console to my setup. I know it can be done with the Dante, Ethersound or ACE cards, however I also want to start using Waves multirack as well.

I believe the M-Waves card has 3 Ethernet ports, 1 to connect to a computer, and 2 for connection to soundgrid servers. I am wondering if I could, instead of a second soundgrid server, use a port to connect to another M-Waves card. This would, in the end, allow me to have separate FOH and monitor consoles, plus a soundgrid server and multirack at each console.

If anyone can see a problem here, or know if this will or won’t work, please chime in.

Thanks in advance for any information! [:D]

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Nik

The current M-Waves card is not capable of transporting Audio Clock over the network, so you can’t really do this.

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.