OneMix charge = problems!

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions OneMix charge = problems!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ashley Ashley 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Why is it not free?

For a live tech to tell the musicians “you can all get to adjust your monitor-levels via your iPad’s, but it will cost you 7 bucks” (or there about) will make most musicians say: “you just set our levels, I don’t wanna pay for it”!

On the Presonus I had for two years the app is free, and many of the people I’ve worked with was impressed and downloaded the app to their iPhones and iPads. But with the GLD and having to pay money for it, i think not!

Just my two cents…

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

For a tech to tell the band members to mix thier own mixes via their own Ipad is lazy! Get over yourself.

If a band wants to setup this way then by all means, let them. It will usually be a party band that has thier own engineer and carries their own console and you won’t have to deal with them anyways.

Not everything in life is FREE!

2 X GLD80
    2 X AR2412
    2 X AR84

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

Software development is not free. A $7 solution, for those that this fits there workflow, is cheap compared to other solutions (Aviom Etc.)

Of course, the iPad is the main cost…

A feature that is not for everyone.

Bob

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

For a tech to tell the band members to mix thier own mixes via their own Ipad is lazy! Get over yourself.

Not everything in life is FREE!

Who said anything about me telling them to mix their own mix, Loudmouth?
    After running a Presonus SL 24 for two years, many of the musicians i have encountered has embraced the possibility of the free iPad and iPhone app, and the possibility to adjust their own mix. This has worked extremly well, both with IEM-systems and wedges.
    It is a matter of offering the possibility. Not to get someone else to do my job. But i guess you felt you needed to get back…

A lot of things in life is free. And the GLD remote app is also free, which makes paying for the OneMix strange…

If you work with different bands it is a good selling-point to give them this opportunity (for free) and shows that the engineer is updated, and not outdated!
    Step into 2013, Ryan. It’s a nice place to be. :)

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant
    Quote:
    Originally posted by BobWitte

Software development is not free. A $7 solution, for those that this fits there workflow, is cheap compared to other solutions (Aviom Etc.)

I agree with you, Bob. But a lot of people coming on my stage for just one night won’t take the cost of buying the app, because the next day they may be playing a scene with a VI series mixer, or a CL, or something else.

Of course, the iPad is the main cost…
    A feature that is not for everyone.

Of course, but surprisingly many of the people coming on my stages have an iPad or an iPhone, and LOVED the possibility to just download the Presonus app and control their own mix. And I would LOVE to give them the same opportunity with my new GLD also, but I guess there will be some reservations when they have to pay for it. Though 35NOK (local currency) is not a lot of money…

PS: I have already bought it, and it has been on my iPad since this morning :) DS

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

PS: I would rather pay 50-100 USD for the Remote app, and keep the OneMix free. DS

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Its only $4.99

Not $7.00 for the GLD One Mix App

The only other free one out there is Q-Mix from Presonus, but it requires you purchasing a COMPUTER to run it through.

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of joshnizz
    joshnizz
    Participant

I seem to remember when GLD was released something being said about all apps that would be released for it were going to be free of charge, im sure it said that somewhere?

I may be mistaken…

Profile photo of Ashley
    Ashley
    Participant

Or just buy like 7 ipads, link them in 1 icloud. That way you only have to buy the app once. I can’t realy understand the problem though; you are willing to invest like 7-8k in a GLD, probably another 40-60k in mic’s, PA, lights, truck etc.
    But buying an app for E 5,00 is to much? [?]

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

One night people on stage – unless they know the app, “most” wouldn’t probably take the time to learn anyways. I see the market for this more for the group carrying there own sound system OR churches where the time to train and any investment is a minor cost to using this every week.

Anyways, I am sure everyone’s mileage will vary. For us, I will continue to be on stage with the GLD Remote app during soundcheck and close by for the first few songs…..

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Ashley

Or just buy like 7 ipads, link them in 1 icloud. That way you only have to buy the app once. I can’t realy understand the problem though; you are willing to invest like 7-8k in a GLD, probably another 40-60k in mic’s, PA, lights, truck etc.

Ashley: You clearly can’t read! I have bought the app (I wrote that further up on this page), and that is NOT the point in this matter.

Best of luck to you :)

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of Ashley
    Ashley
    Participant

I can read, thank you very much.

In my humble opinion; Either the artists are so good they have a monitor engineer(and matching budget) so you don’t need the app.
    Or you are doing monitors from foh, where the ipad(s) are an extra service.

If you are doing monitors from foh, you are (usualy)mixing on a much lower budget, but i still doubt the musicians would have a problem spending that amount if you are their regular tech.

I feel that A&H have the issue that the GLD is partially overclassing the ilive, and is available @ much lower price. They have the thin balance to keep the iLive series above the GLD. The more they give out apps like this for free, the more they shift the balance to GLD. (the iLive app is not free either; the mixpad app is actualy E 99,00!)

I don’t realy understand the release of the GLD112 from a buisiness point of view, but hey i’m not complaining at all, keep up the good work A&H!

Just to point out; if you make a specific icloud account for this; you could have the users join the icloud during the gig, enabeling the app for free. You would have to change the icloud pass later etc.
    This is obviously a workaround, but it could do the trick.

quote:

Originally posted by Volum

quote:

Originally posted by Ashley

Ashley: You clearly can’t read! I have bought the app (I wrote that further up on this page), and that is NOT the point in this matter.

Best of luck to you :)

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.