Templates vs Scenes

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Templates vs Scenes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

Just getting into the GLD 80 for the first time. Can anyone clarify the difference between templates and scenes?

Thank you,
    Joe

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

A template is similar to a show (essentially it’s a factory-defined show that you can’t change or delete).

Each show contains its own separate set of user libraries (saved EQ settings, dynamics, etc) and has its own set of 500 slots to save scenes.

There are some aspects of the board setup (PAFL preferences for example) that aren’t stored per-scene but only per-show. And I don’t think you can store a single scene to USB but only a complete show file.

Saving and recalling scenes is essentially instantaneous, saving and recalling shows can take a little longer. In a live situation, you’d generally be working off of one show file and flipping between saved scenes in that show (in a festival-type scenario you might have one saved show per band).

Clear as mud?

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jcarter

A template is similar to a show (essentially it’s a factory-defined show that you can’t change or delete).

Each show contains its own separate set of user libraries (saved EQ settings, dynamics, etc) and has its own set of 500 slots to save scenes.

There are some aspects of the board setup (PAFL preferences for example) that aren’t stored per-scene but only per-show. And I don’t think you can store a single scene to USB but only a complete show file.

Saving and recalling scenes is essentially instantaneous, saving and recalling shows can take a little longer. In a live situation, you’d generally be working off of one show file and flipping between saved scenes in that show (in a festival-type scenario you might have one saved show per band).

Clear as mud?

Yea J,
    I think I’ve got it. Essentially, ‘scenes’ are a subset of ‘Shows’ (templates). So theoretically, If i had several user scenes, saving a user show would bring the scenes along with it. Is that right?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

[/quote]
    Yea J,
    I think I’ve got it. Essentially, ‘scenes’ are a subset of ‘Shows’ (templates). So theoretically, If i had several user scenes, saving a user show would bring the scenes along with it. Is that right?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Thanks,
    Joe
    [/quote]
    Correct.

I should also add the caution that *loading* a user show will overwrite the scene storage slots with whatever’s
    stored in the show… when in doubt, save your board configuration in a show before loading a user show or a template!

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

This may be the same as what jcarter just said, but because the scenes are stored in the show you will want to overwrite your show file to update the scene memories within it.

If you recall a show file which has the scenes “intro” “band 1” “band 2” and then add a “band 3” and don’t overwrite the show file with the new version, “band 3” will be gone next time you recall it.

Chris

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

This may be the same as what jcarter just said, but because the scenes are stored in the show you will want to overwrite your show file to update the scene memories within it.

If you recall a show file which has the scenes “intro” “band 1” “band 2” and then add a “band 3” and don’t overwrite the show file with the new version, “band 3” will be gone next time you recall it.

Chris

That makes perfect sense Chris. Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

What’s about loading scenes from guest technicians into an active show?

If i would have several gigs at a event weekend… then i would prepare a new show where i set up my delays, EQs, Routing etc…. and store that in a scene called: PreShow
    From this scene i can build up every band and i will probably change the Main-EQ’s, Delays etc to “SAFE-MODE” and just leave the Input-Channels recalable! That’s what i’m familiar with!
    But what’s the best way to handle a new show or scene from a guest technician? If there would be a band who has their show on a USB-Stick for the GLD-80… is there a easy way to “FREEZE” the MAIN-EQ, DELAYs and I/O Routing but recall the Input-Settings and Monitor-Settings (AUX)from the technicians USB-Stick?
    The only way i actually know is to “Copy&Paste” the needed settings from one show to another… but in a complex setup this could take a long long time! Maybe there’s a better way with the upcoming offline editor?

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.