PFL Out Level Lower than MAIN OUT Level

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions PFL Out Level Lower than MAIN OUT Level

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

PFL Out Level Lower than MAIN OUT Level. Anyone else having the same issue? I’m using the GLD to mix broadcast and the output of the PFL on the Mains is about 3-4db lower than if the just the Main L/R fed the same output socket.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The obvious thing that would cause this would be the Main LR fader not being at unity, but I assume that’s been checked. [:)]

In the setup > audio (I think) page you can set your PFL options and there may be a setting there that’s been changed.

Chris

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

There is a setting for PFL trim that controls this.

Profile photo of john@eartsinc
    john@eartsinc
    Participant

TJCornish Posted – 15/07/2013 : 16:49:06
    There is a setting for PFL trim that controls this.

But not to increase PFL, only to reduce. The PFL level is lower than the MAin Out. And yes, L/R is set at unity. :) Thanks guys.

John
    System Integrator
    Entertainment Arts Inc.

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

What is your gain structure like? Normally PFL level is hotter because the input level of a channel is ~0dB, and the main out is lower. Are you adding a bunch of gain somewhere?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.