Multitrack Recording Choices

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Multitrack Recording Choices

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Hinkens Joe Hinkens 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

Another noobie here so be gentle.

I just ordered a GLD-80 and AR2412 a few moments ago. My previous experience is limited to my StudioLive 24.4.2 for the past 3 years or so, and prior to that, just some old Mackie analogue stuff.

All the choices of I/O cards for the GLD are unfamiliar to me so I’d like to get some suggestions on what would be the most practical approach for capturing multitrack recordings to my Macbook Pro. The only DAW I’ve ever used is Studio One 2, so I’d like to stick with it if possible. Presently, with the StudioLive desk, we’ve just been using Capture software via a Firewire cable to the Macbook to record everything. A couple mouse clicks and you’re recording.

Anyway, it appears the Dante card would do the trick, but because it’s so pricey, I want to be sure I’m doing the right thing before I order it.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
    Joe

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

Dante works great for us. I believe it’s the only one that wouldn’t require any additional interface between the mixer and your laptop – just plug a network cable in between them and you’re up and running.

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

+1 for Dante. Great success recording up to 6 tracks so far.. Dante Virtual Soundcard driver looks like a normal multi channel sound card…. So many options if you want a backup recorder (add a “recommended” switch and Dante Virtual Sound card license for the second computer).

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

More here too:

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2768

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

Thanks for the confirmation guys. Dante it is.

On a side note, is there a setting for this forum where I’ll be notified by email when a reply is posted to a thread I’m participating in?

Many thanks,
    Joe

Thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.