iLive 176 Touch Screen Crashing

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions iLive 176 Touch Screen Crashing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere Lieven-Dewispelaere 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ybyeager
    ybyeager
    Participant

I am running an iLive 176 board and for the past week the touch screen on the board has been crashing and rebooting. We recently, 3 weeks ago, upgraded to version 1.91 in our system but the crashing did not happen right after the upgrade and in fact the system worked well for a week after the upgrade.

I have checked the i.p. address scheme and the router we use to run external devices such as laptops/ipads, etc and all settings are set to recommended settings.

Anyone else had similar issues or have any other ideas as to what might be going on with the touch screen?

ybyeager
    Participant

More Info….

From the Logs……

iLive Surface Error. – Lost Comms To Unit Serverside

iDR Mix Rack Error. – Same

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

Not saying you have the same issue, but our touchscreen kept loosing connection for a while also. It started happening all of the sudden and was very sporatic. In fact we spent more two months trying to figure it out. We have ours connected to the churchs network so that I can also remote in and help if there is a setup problem. Anyway, the issue ended up being that someone reset one of the wireless routers and we had two units handing out ip addresses. We use static on the iLive system and they are blocked so that they are not given out by the main unit. However, when that wireless router was reset, it started handing out the ip for the touchscreen and caused our issues. I think it even handed out one for the surface at one time also.

We just happened to find out about the duplicate ip’s by using a free app called fing on the iPad. It began showing 2 nodes for the same ip and that pointed us in the right direction.

Another thing you could check is to make sure someone doesn’t have a static ipthat conflicts with them touchscreen on a device and they are connecting to your network causing the issue.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

ybyeager
    Participant

Here is another item I have noticed. The bridge control network is periodically reporting an error for a few seconds by a flashing red light.

ybyeager
    Participant

More Info……

We are getting phantom input on channels that are plugged directly into the board. I know its phantom input because I can unplug the devices on those channels and the system still appears to have throughput on the channels. Occasionally when we turn the board on the outputs plugged directly into the board go into feedback and the same thing happens when we turn the board off it will cause the system to go into feedback.

Profile photo of frankb3
    frankb3
    Participant

Our FOH guy has been having similar issues with the touch screen not coming on, and being sporadic, and glitchy. Today we did some further testing, spoke with A&H Tech, and the console seems to be failing. FOH said there were blogs mentioning the BIOS Battery could be bad. However A&H tech said those usually last 10 years and isn’t the issue. So after a couple of resets, the screen is white, and the control surface will not boot. We’re going to test connecting via network to mix rack and see if at least we can utilize it this weekend. Also getting bids for a rental.
    Any similar experiences?

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

HI, i had the same thing. at boot-up white screen. I found out that is was the backup battery.
    Should indeed last 10 years. but my problem is that i don’t use the surface that often. not as a PC that is on all the time.
    When the surface is off the BIOS backup is using the battery . When the surface is on the BIOS backup system use the normal power and don’t use the backup battery, at least not that much. That explains why the backup battery went dead after 3 years.
    I replaced it an had no problem since. i installed two leads with a holder so i could replace it easier the next time because the standard battery is solderd on to the touchscreen PC

after replacing the battery there are some specific setting you need to change in the bios. you have to connect a mouse and keyboard and at startup go into BIOS an change screen resolution setting. i think 600*800 but it is stated in another post.

if you have good soldering skills you can do it yourself. or let someone do it.
    It is al lot less expensive ( 7 euro for holder and battery) than a new touchscreen pc [:)]

Lieven

T112/IDR48/R72/IDR16/xDR16/2ACEcards/IPad1
    Save a tree, eat a beaver

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.