(iLive) Dante + ME-U to ME-1 + recording

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions (iLive) Dante + ME-U to ME-1 + recording

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xjcsa xjcsa 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zzzHoward
    zzzHoward
    Participant

Hi everyone:

I have both and iLive system and ME-1. I want to setup a system with Dante installed on both iDR-48 and ME-U. Just want to know can I connect a computer to the ME-U’s port for multi-track recording?

Best,

Howard

Profile photo of BerndVP
    BerndVP
    Participant

Yes, your computer is just another interface in the system that you configurate via Dante Controller.

T112 – iDR48 – Dante – v1.9

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by zzzHoward

Hi everyone:

I have both and iLive system and ME-1. I want to setup a system with Dante installed on both iDR-48 and ME-U. Just want to know can I connect a computer to the ME-U’s port for multi-track recording?

Best,

Howard

I think you wouldn’t connect it to the ME-U, as the ME-U will convert Dante to the “monitor” protocol used by the ME-1 mixers. You could, however, connect it to a port on a Dante card – either the one in your mixer or the one in the ME-U – as long as you configure the card to run in “Switch” mode rather than “Redundant” mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.