preamp permissions

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions preamp permissions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hackey Hackey 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hackey
    Hackey
    Participant

Hi,

I’m setting up the desk for a very simple show which will be handled showtime by someone unfamiliar with the desk. I therefore want to set the permissions to prevent accidental, or otherwise [;)], access to most of the features.

So I’m clearly using permissions to do this, however I’ve come across something which doesn’t seem to operate correctly.

If I disable access to the preamp it only seems to prevent access to the preamp on the touch screen, the rotary knobs still change the preamp gain level. This isn’t the case for EQ, Gate, Comp etc. they are disabled at all access points.

Can anyone verify this or let me know the daft mistake I’ve made?

Cheers
    Dave

Profile photo of Hackey
    Hackey
    Participant

I should say I’m running v1.12 firmware but I don’t see a reference to this being fixed in 1.20 release notes if it is indeed an issue

Cheers
    Dave

Profile photo of Hackey
    Hackey
    Participant

I should say I’m running v1.12 firmware but I don’t see a reference to this being fixed in 1.20 release notes if it is indeed an issue

Cheers
    Dave

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Hackey

This is how the system is intended to work.

You are able to set the surface “preamp option” to be Trim only not Gain. Once you have set the surface preamp to be trim, you can then disable the ability for a user to change the touch-screen “preamp option” so the user will only be able to adjust the trim control.u
    This is not a perfect solution but does allow them to have some control without adjusting the Pre-amp. you are unable to make the surface preamp disable completely.

This would be a feature request to disable the surface preamp control completely.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of Hackey
    Hackey
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation Sam,

I can work around that

Cheers
    Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.