FX to ME-1

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does one set up an FX channel on one of the 16 channels on the ME-1 so that the musician can control the level independently of the main mix? Can that be done?
    The ME-1 manual says to set up a stereo group that the ME-1 can access, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to access it at the ME-1.
    Also, when I press Mix for the stereo group channel, the FX return levels do not change from main mix levels, unlike the input channels for an aux or stereo group. Is that supposed to be how that works?
    I am able to get FX to the ME-1’s but it is controlled by the main mix levels & there are many times when the FOH needs more FX than the lead singer wants to hear.
    Please advise.

Rick
    GLD80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

V1.2 adds the ability to patch FX returns to Monitor outputs. You can dedicate an FX unit to ME-1 users so they have level control over the wet reverb for example.

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Documents/Release%20Notes%20GLD%20firmware%20V1.20.pdf

Hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.