Could a GLD surface run in “Editor mode”?

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Could a GLD surface run in “Editor mode”?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Reading through the new GLD brochure about how both the GLD and a computer running the editor can have independant control of the “guts” of the GLD it occurred to me that it would be very useful to be able to use a second GLD in place of the computer.

All the audio would stay with one GLD/AR2412 but the second console could act like an iLive surface and control functions within the other GLD the way a laptop would.

Chris

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

Reading through the new GLD brochure about how both the GLD and a computer running the editor can have independant control of the “guts” of the GLD it occurred to me that it would be very useful to be able to use a second GLD in place of the computer.

All the audio would stay with one GLD/AR2412 but the second console could act like an iLive surface and control functions within the other GLD the way a laptop would.

Chris

I wonder if maybe the QU-16 could do this…it can apparently act as a MIDI controller for a DAW, and the GLD accepts MIDI control…

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

How soon will the Editor run in Editor mode, as opposed to say, brochure mode?

The surest way to windup with nothing is to wait for everything. On the other hand, the 2nd mouse always gets the cheese.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bigbean

How soon will the Editor run in Editor mode, as opposed to say, brochure mode?

This is why the forum needs a “like” button. [8D]

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.