GLD + ME Suggestions

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions GLD + ME Suggestions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dexter
    dexter
    Participant

Hi,

My first post here. We installed a GLD system in our new venue at Easter and I am loving it! It is the easiest digital mixer I have every used and sounds great.

We also have one of the ME-1 units and hope to get more when we have the money. Again, really love that system, having the ability to mix 40 channels in one unit is pretty awesome. The only problem we have is that sometimes the band changes and we need to reconfigure the ME-1 unit to match that. As it stands, I need to run down stairs, into the drummer’s ‘cage’ and lean over him to re-patch the channels. It would be amazing if we could remotely configure the MEs from the GLD console. The way I see this working is to have a screen on the GLD which basically shows a graphical representation of the ME surface and you can then press the buttons and assign them like you would for I/O on the mixer. If we could go as far as PAFL and mixing as well that would be incredible.

I think if we had this functionality, the GLD&ME would be the best monitoring setup on the market, particularly at the price that it is.

David Young
    Everyday Church London

GLD-80 w/AR2412 & 2xAR84
    ME-1

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

+1

For me as a sound engineer for several bands, dexters request would be a reason to buy an ME-1!
    Setting up an ME-1 on the console, but still have the ability to change every channel-volume by the musician! That would be awesome!

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi dexter

You are probably already aware of this, but if you knew in advance what the configuration would be for each band, you could store these in the ME-1 as presets. The drummer could easily recall these presets himself.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of dexter
    dexter
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ahjeff

Hi dexter

You are probably already aware of this, but if you knew in advance what the configuration would be for each band, you could store these in the ME-1 as presets. The drummer could easily recall these presets himself.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Thanks Jeff,

I did know this, I’m still getting used to using digital week-in-week-out, I’ve only done single events before so didn’t worry about things like presets. I have started building them up on the mixer and will start building them on the ME.

David Young
    Everyday Church London

GLD-80 w/AR2412 & 2xAR84
    ME-1

Profile photo of mrp123
    mrp123
    Participant

+1

Please build in remote configuration of ME mixers. It just makes sense for robust usability and capability. I’d be satisfied if the remote configuration were performed using a separate computer; not necessarily from within the mixer. The ME hub has partial capability to this end, does it not?

I suggested the same idea of remote configuration to an Allen & Heath sales rep (who I will leave unnamed) when he shared with me at a trade show in Sept, 2012, the development of the ME product, prior to it’s official announcement. He dismissed my suggestion on the spot and replied, “If a FOH or monitor engineer ever finds a need to configure the ME mixer remotely, then the talent shouldn’t be using the product and should just stick to wedges. The talent should configure the ME mixer themselves.” (Not verbatim, but this all that he expressed.)

I’m still not sure if he was representing A&H by those comment, or that was his personal opinion. Anyway, it encourages me that other people see the same need.

Profile photo of toddsource
    toddsource
    Participant

I agree that it would be great to have some sort of way to access the Me-1 units connected to your GLD system. Using a GLD with several Me-1 units on a regular basis, being able to monitor and make changes from the FOH console would be extremely helpful.

Don’t know if it’s possible but I’m always ready to see what A&H has coming in future firmware updates.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I don’t know if that is possible based on hardware alone. Maybe. I know I installed a Roland V-Mixer with personal mixers down in FL years ago for another company friend of mine. That system does or did configure the PM’s from the console. I was not completely involved in that part. They brought in a Roland rep to do it since I was so involved in the complete sound install that had a 1 week window. I know it was a bit of a challenge to get setup. I think the PM’s each had their own IP address and popped up in the config screen individually and you could send to each what you wanted and do the layout. Once there it worked very well. But that is a much more expensive system both in the primary system and the PM’s are very pricey. I think it would be great if that could happen but might not be possible. Just guessing. I think if it were they would have included that from the roll out. Would have been a big part of the promotion. I am trying to move some people out of Aviom and into ME just for the shear 40 channels vs 16.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.