GLD112

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HalfBakedPotato
    HalfBakedPotato
    Participant

Nice work A&H!

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

great! additional 4SoftKeys and 8 more faders! (Whats about the processor? bigger?)
    Can’t wait for the offline editor ;D

Request: bigger Stagebox ;D

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by eotsskleet

great! additional 4SoftKeys and 8 more faders! (Whats about the processor? bigger?)
    Can’t wait for the offline editor ;D

Request: bigger Stagebox ;D

GLD-80 / AR2412 / AR84 / Qu-16

Wow…I think this came just in time for me to order one…

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You beat me to it. :)

Processing power is the same according to the product page, but “the same” means something different with the new firmware update.

Chris

Profile photo of Koopdaddy
    Koopdaddy
    Participant

Sorry but I still think they are missing the mark on a few features with this series.

“oh but you have the ilive to get those features”

Honestly, in my opinion they would be better off combining the two series into one solid lineup.

Imagine this:
    GLD24 (rackmount)- 1 AR2412
    GLD48 – 2 AR2412
    GLD96 – 4 AR2412
    GLD144 – 6 AR2412 (or some larger form factor of the stage rack)

1. Offline software editor for all models so that operation and files are compatible.
    2. Ability to link consoles (share inputs) for FOH/Monitor configurations.
    3. Add additional expansion card slots on the larger framesets.

This gives you a powerful portable system, medium sized console, and large system configurations that all operate the same. Churches will love it, rental outfits will like the system scalability, streamlines manufacturing, etc.

Anyway, to me that makes more sense and turns the line into something really strong and desirable.

For small systems you have the new Mixwiz4 series and “Digital Mixwiz” aka Qu.

Just my opinion. :)
    Jared

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

GLD24? Have you seen the Qu16, that is basically a rackmount GLD and runs D-snake. Or you can go R72 as its pretty much the same size, just a bit more expensive.

You can also link GLD’s to share inputs, you just need a ACE/DANTE?Waves card at both ends. A friend just used a GLD as a monitor board so a show with two fully loaded iDR-10’s as mains racks without any problems at all.

Not sure what you mean by expansion cards. Do you mean a sidecar rack? If thats the case it wouldn’t really works as you’d have to have all the processing internals anyway as the stage boxes are ‘dumb’. Would be good for the iLive 2 though.

Personally I’d rather A&H keep all the models separate, look at the mess Soundcraft got into mixing the VI ciustomers all into one pot.

Just my 10 cents…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I think the most important news is obviously the updated fader caps. [:)]

Chris

Profile photo of Jono-Morgan
    Jono-Morgan
    Participant

I think they should have a trade up option, or something i dunno send of your gld80 and they’ll drop the guts into a 112 frame?

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I saw on one website that the SRP is $4899 Euro. If that’s not a miss print, its less than a GLD 80. Due to budget issues we were forced to push back the purchase of our GLD. This is exciting news – God must be a sound geek!

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Koopdaddy
    Honestly, in my opinion they would be better off combining the two series into one solid lineup.

Hmm, in my opinion they will let the Ilive T Series die – and bring an Ilive2 more to be likely the modular Ilive Series – Who buys an modular Ilive these days if you get an IliveT with the same (Software) Features then the 3 times expensiever Modular Series?

Profile photo of xjcsa
    xjcsa
    Participant

Any word when the GLD-112 will be shipping?

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I go through Full Compass for all my purchases and our rep said September. I’m hoping for sooner.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Koopdaddy

Sorry but I still think they are missing the mark on a few features with this series.

“oh but you have the ilive to get those features”

Imagine this:
    GLD24 (rackmount)- 1 AR2412
    GLD48 – 2 AR2412
    GLD96 – 4 AR2412
    GLD144 – 6 AR2412 (or some larger form factor of the stage rack)

1. Offline software editor for all models so that operation and files are compatible.
    2. Ability to link consoles (share inputs) for FOH/Monitor configurations.
    3. Add additional expansion card slots on the larger framesets.

This gives you a powerful portable system, medium sized console, and large system configurations that all operate the same. Churches will love it, rental outfits will like the system scalability, streamlines manufacturing, etc.

Anyway, to me that makes more sense and turns the line into something really strong and desirable.

For small systems you have the new Mixwiz4 series and “Digital Mixwiz” aka Qu.

Just my opinion. :)
    Jared

Hi Jared. The offline editor is imminent.

As was mentioned, two or more surfaces can share stage boxes via Dante cards. As to extra expansion slots – unlike older technologies like ADAT or TDif, Dante provides up to 64 channels by 64 channels – basically the whole of the board’s capability and then some, and since it’s a network technology, you can have multiple devices sending and receiving different combinations of these channels. Within the format constraints of the 48×24 GLD architecture, I’m not sure what else you would need more card slots for. The ME-1 boxes also would potentially be another option for pretty cool IO distribution, depending on one’s needs.

TJ

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.