xDR16

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jgrooms jgrooms 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

So I’ve seen a couple of posts about the expanders not being able to be controlled via the MixPad application. First, is this true? You can’t control any channels from the mixpad app or just certain things like the preamps?

Can the expanders be controlled via the Editor?

Is there a document somewhere that outlines the limitations of the Expanders?

Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

We have an iDR64 and a slaved iDR16. You are correct, the MixPad and OneMix apps do not control the slave channels at all, just the Master channels. I like just about everything about the iLive except this one little snag.

The iLive Editor controls both Mixracks just fine. At least, in our case it does but we are connecting Editor to a surface. I don’t know if it behaves any differently without a surface.

There’s a document on the A&H site called “Understanding Dual Rack Mode in iLive” that may answer your questions.

Mark Turner
    T112/iDR64/iDR16/Dante
    MixPad, OneMix
    Mac Mini/Logic Pro 9

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mturner

We have an iDR64 and a slaved iDR16. You are correct, the MixPad and OneMix apps do not control the slave channels at all, just the Master channels. I like just about everything about the iLive except this one little snag.

Thank you Mark. You mentioned you have an iDR16 slaved. Do you know if the behavior is the same for the xDR16 which is the expansion unit minus the DSP processing?

Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

I should have read your post more carefully, I missed the xDR16 part.
    I don’t know for certain if the expanders have the same issue.
    I’d guess not (but that is just a guess). The limitation seems to be tied to the DSP engine location.

If I route an input on the iDR16 back to the master MixRack via the ACE bus, then I can control everything but the preamp. My understanding is that this is similar to how the xDR16 works (expansion inputs to master DSP via ACE) so maybe you’d just lose preamp control. Hopefully an A&H maven will chime in and give you a real answer.

Mark Turner
    T112/iDR64/iDR16/Dante
    MixPad, OneMix
    Mac Mini/Logic Pro 9

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

I received my xDR16 yesterday. You were correct, all is controlable via the iPad except the preamps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.